Sunday, November 6, 2011

My weekend in pictures 11/4/2011-11/6/2011

What a weekend!  I've been a busy little bee this weekend, and there's a lot that I want to tell you about.  I hope that you had a great weekend and that you enjoy seeing my weekend in pictures!



 It's starting to feel a lot more like winter with each passing day.  I was at my Grandpa's on Friday (trying to be productive) when I went and found some socks.  My feet were really cold!  I stole these from Grandpa but he won't miss them, he got some new socks for his birthday last week and Christmas is right around the corner... that means more socks for all of us!  (I'm not joking here, I love to get quality socks as a Christmas present.  Argyle, colored, no shows, I like them all!)
 I made salmon patties for dinner on Friday night.  I'd like to be able to say that I only ate 4 of them... but that would be a lie.  I have to have applesauce when I eat salmon patties.  So good.
 Saturday afternoon I went to a craft show with my Aunt Robin and Grandma.  I had a blast with those beautiful ladies!  Grandma was in rare form and it seemed like she was really enjoying herself.  I think I will chock it up to the extra Motrin she told us she took before we left the house.  Maybe I should buy stock in Motrin?  Haha.  I snapped several quick pictures while we were there but this is the strangest one.  Do you know what these are?  They're made to melt in your candle warmer and/or sit out like potpourri.  Weird.
 After we left the craft show we headed towards the 'Amish' store.  (They're technically Mennonites.)  Robin took this picture of me because I was in my bliss!  They had all kinds of great baking supplies and everything was very neat, clean and organized.  I watched what I bought because I could have spent a lot of money quickly here.  I can't wait to go back again.  To think that I've passed this place several times and never stopped!
 On our way home we were all gabbing (I have a cousin who murdered someone, no big deal) and after a while I couldn't remember what all I had bought (actually Grandma paid my bill) at the Amish store so I peeked back in my bag and I was just SO happy.  Robin watched me do this though the rear-view mirror and laugh at me.  It's the little things that make me happy.
 When we got home from our adventure I needed to take a picture of the 3 of us so I could post it here.  This one is actually really good!  Thanks for the adventure Robin and Grandma!
 Later on Saturday (after some homework) I went back over to Grandma's with a baggie of buckeyes.  Shelley Holschuh gave me buckeyes that she picked up at her work and after the buckeye necklaces and bracelets I saw at the craft show I was inspired to make some of my own.  Grandpa (of course!) had the perfect tool for me to use to get a hole through each buckeye.  He kept telling me to watch my fingers.  I love that man.
 And no, I didn't hold the nut in my hand and drill through it!  I used that pair of channel locks to hold the buckeye and then I drilled the hole.  It was a really good system.
 Robin and Brady went to Lancaster Mall to shop and they brought me back an Auntie Anne's pretzel.  Mmmm.  SO good. 
 So, I didn't like the way that the actual buckeyes looked on the key fobs I made so I painted some round wooden beads brown and then painted a circle in a lighter color to resemble a buckeye.  I think they're adorable.  I attached this one the my OSU keys for my... new apartment!  (There's more!  Keep reading!)
 But first we pause to congratulate my little Linny Bob on getting an award from HOBY.  Go you!
 WalMart.  Captains hook.  Chair.  Good times.
 I was STUFFED in the backseat of the car with all of my stuff around me.  It was a pretty good car ride, actually.  Please note the OSU keys hanging beside my head and the cup of cheese in my hand.  Rax fries anyone?
 Welcome to my apartment!  Lindsey and Mom were a huge help in getting me all moved in and squared away.  I don't know if I could have done it without them.  Lindsey is holding a broom in this picture... she was a cob web sweepin' fool!
 It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.

 My "closet", or the span between a half wall above the stairs that lead up to my room.  It works.
 Teddy Bear.  Ugly sheets. 
 I was going to hang this mirror horizontally but Mom and Bop wanted it to be vertically.  They won out but I already had the strips to hold it up attached to the "top" and when I switched it it only needed to be pressed and help from one side.  Here's hoping that it doesn't fall and break tonight.  That'd scare me.
 Group shot!
I had a lot of fun this evening with these ladies.  I know that I could write on and on about it but they already know how much they mean to me.  I love them with all of my heart and I would do anything for them.  Family is hugely important to me (if you haven't caught on already).  With this new place I feel comfortable and safe.  It is closer to campus and means I won't have to make that horrible drive several times a week.  It's perfect for this moment.  


I could have gone a lot more emotional with this post but I've already cried my sad tears for the night.  It's been a long and exciting weekend and I am ready for a challenging week.  I think I'm going to plug in my toy story night-light, settle in to my air mattress (thanks Robin!) and call it a night.
Thanks for reading.  I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Logan