Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dates.

So you put yourself out there.  Mind, body, soul.  You answer the questions, reciprocate with the most honest and sincere answers that come to mind.  Engage in really great stories that leave your date smiling and laughing.  You ask all the right questions... open ended, profound yet not intimidating. 
You smile.  You make direct eye contact.  You do every single thing you can to make that positive connection with the person across from you. 

The question is... how often can a person put themselves out there?  Bear all?  Make yourself so vulnerable?  It's been my experience that all that emotional energy doesn't really come back to me.  Maybe one of these days it will all be worth it.  All of this physical and emotional energy will be returned to me when the fates align and something actually comes from it.  Here's hoping.

I'm the type of person who dreams big, but plans small.  So in order to make my dreams a reality I set up small goals along the way towards that big dream.  But this dream... this relationship dream... it's really only halfway my responsibility.  I've got to find the person who shares this dream with me.  When you think about it like this, when you type the words out onto a page it becomes so starkly real.  And the reality is that this may be one dream that just never comes true.  It just might not ever come to fruition.

Wherever you are, whoever you are.
Wheather I've met you already or I have yet to meet you.
I miss you, and I want you in my life. 
So when you're ready.  Show up.
I'll be very patiently waiting.

-Logan