Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter.

So, it's been a long Thursday.  I've been up since 8am. I've been all over the place, I've talked to so many different people.  I'm wore out.  So I've closed my door.  I've hit the play button on some Adele.  I rummaged through my Easter basket and found some chocolate.
This blog for me is therapeutic.  There is so much I want to do and I think about posting here, but the time for all of that alludes me.  I have some of my favorite blogs that I go to and those people get paid to blog on a daily basis.  Isn't that amazing?  Seriously.
Easter for me was outstanding.  I love that I am only a short drive from home. From my family. It was hard to spend Easter away from my family, and even though the Antonaccis always made me feel comfortable and welcome in their home, it just wasn't the same.
I asked my Mom and Aunt Robin this year while everyone was getting food in the kitchen if they ever looked ahead into their lives and expected to be right here, eating Easter dinner in the same house they were raised in so many years before.  They both just looked at me puzzled... my Mom simply said: "I always knew that we would be here. In this house."
There is something to be said for that insurance police life has given me.  I can always go back home.  I've had a weird life, this is true.  I've been down in some really low lows, and I've witnessed what it's like to be up in the highest of highs.  When I look back on my life I am so proud of what I have accomplished and I am so excited for all of the things that lie ahead.

-Logan